4 Ways to Show Gratitude This Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving, let’s appreciate those people and the things they do for us by giving back to them.

Jillian Fisch

Thanksgiving is all about appreciating and recognizing the important people that play a part in our lives. We tend to take for granted the people we have around us and the things they do for us. This Thanksgiving, let’s appreciate those people and the things they do for us by giving back to them.

Write a “thank you” card to your teacher

What better way to show gratitude to a teacher than by writing him or her a personal “thank you” card? Think about your favorite teacher, and what he or she does to make class so enjoyable. Is it his charisma when he teaches? Does she make a comfortable learning environment for you, or is it that she doesn’t give a lot of homework? Whatever it is that a teacher does, he or she deserves to recognized, and personalized “thank you” cards are the perfect way to do that on Thanksgiving.

Cook dinner for Mom and Dad

As students, we think that we work hard, but we have yet to realize the effort our parents put into their jobs and families. A good way to show our parents that we recognize their hard work is to cook dinner one night before Thanksgiving. Most likely Mom will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner, so cooking dinner for one night before would probably be so helpful to her. Mom and Dad will definitely appreciate that they are appreciated.

Make a personalized gift for a close friend

We all have that one person that we call our best friend. Think about some things that your friend enjoys and put together a little gift package for them with a few of their favorite things. Maybe include a new book, a personalized playlist, or even a special game. A cute package like this will show your friend that you were thinking about them and that you took the time to show them that you actually care about their interests. What an awesome way to show gratitude and appreciation!

Appreciate Ourselves

Although Thanksgiving is supposed to be about us showing gratitude towards others, we can also take some time to appreciate ourselves. Make a list of all the amazing things you accomplished, and be thankful for that! Make a list of goals for the coming year. And if you’re really feeling appreciative of yourself, treat yourself to a fun time! Go get a much needed manicure and pedicure, or go buy a big tub of ice cream and pig out! Either way, you achieved so much this year, so recognize yourself with a little treat!
Happy Thanksgiving!

• 4 Ways to Show Gratitude This Thanksgiving

Student Life

17 Things You Should Do Before Graduating High School

Sports

The Styles of Being an Equestrian

World

The New 7 Wonders of the World

Opinion

Are You Missing This Important Character Trait?

Student Life

If Walls Could Talk

Student Life

5 Ways to Increase Your Gratitude

News

HANC High School’s “Attitude of Gratitude” Video Compilation

Arts

5 Quotes to Increase Your Spirits

Sports

The Amazins Have “Met” Their Expectations

Student Life

Yeshivish